- Set up a consistent time each night that you get in bed and shut off your lights
- Set up a routine that you will follow consistently even when you are traveling it is even more important.
- Get at least 30 minutes a day of daily exercise but not to close to bedtime, at least 2 hours before.
- Try not to eat heavy foods or drink wine, coffee or chocolate close to bedtime. Sometimes wine will rebound you and wake you up after a couple of hours. Chocolate and caffeine are stimulates.
- Power down electronics at least 1-2 hours before bedtime. That includes not having your mobile phone next to your bed.
- Keep bedroom at a cool but comfortable temperature 65-69 F.
- If light keeps you awake get night shades and or wear a eye mask to block out the light.
- Essentials oils like lavender, frankincense and serenity applied to the bottom of your feet, back of your neck and behind your ears helps to calm one and prep you for sleep.
- 6 + hours more uninterrupted sleep is good. 8 hours is great!
Nite Nite Sleep Tight!!