Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Smart Tip while Using My Smart Phone

Yesterday was my day to full fill my Jury Duty obligation. So the question was; "What should I bring with me to keep entertained while waiting for my number to be called". Snacks, H2O, reading materials, knitting project, and my smart phone. Perfect I was all set. Well, when I exhausted the first four items on my list I turned to my smart phone and started to play my "new" favorite game. Shanghai Lite. Two hours later still playing, and while trying to beat my times I notice my eyes are beginning to blur and shoulders and neck begin to ache!

Occupational Therapy practitioners who specialize in hand therapy and ergonomics have put together a great new tip sheet on "Using Smart Phones Wisely " to prevent this very thing from happening. Occupational Therapists can teach you different strategies in positioning your phone and body, fit you with a splint if needed, make recommendations on equipment, treat your condition and teach you exercises to strengthen your body.
 www.aota.org/News/Media/PR/2011/Smart-Phones.aspx 
Next time you are in this situation contact your local Occupational Therapist and he or she might be able to teach you a few "smart tips" .

Oh, BTW, I didn't get picked for Jury Duty after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment